Florida HBPA members,
As part of our membership in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), current Florida HBPA members are eligible to compete for free in an exclusive online qualifier to the $3,000,000-estimated National Horseplayers Championship (NHC), scheduled for Feb. 8-10, 2019 at the Treasure Island Las Vegas. The winner of the online qualifier, which will be held on Jan. 5, includes a $400 airfare voucher and four nights stay at the Treasure Island.
The NHC is the world’s richest and most prestigious handicapping tournament of the year for horseplayers and is the culmination of a year-long series of NTRA-sanctioned local tournaments conducted by racetracks, casino race books, off-track betting facilities, and horse racing and handicapping websites, each of which sends its top qualifiers to the national finals. The 2019 NHC is estimated to offer prize money and travel awards totaling more than $2.8 million. The winner will take home an estimated $800,000 and will be named the 2019 Horseplayer of the Year honored at the 2020 Eclipse Awards.
The “Florida HBPA NHC Handicapping Challenge” is an online qualifier consisting of mythical win-place wagering on up to 10 Gulfstream Park races. See below on instructions on how to play.
- Go to http://www.horseplayers.com/contest/380459 to register to the January 5 exclusive FL HBPA NHC contest.
- Click on the SIGN UP box at the top right-hand corner of the page. You will need to provide the information required.
- You will receive an email to activate your account.
- Return to http://www.horseplayers.com/contest/380459. You will add one entry to your cart. There will be no charge.
- The contest races will be available on Friday, January 4 and you will be able to start making your selections- click on the View/Make Pick box. All selections must be made prior to the first contest race scheduled post time.
Please note this contest is exclusive for current Florida HBPA members. The winner will be announced after a 48-hour audit period.
Best of luck to everyone and if you have any questions feel free to contact Michele Ravencraft at the NTRA at firstname.lastname@example.org.